CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

my dearest fear

The video I chose to discuss was the dearest fear video. after viewing this video it makes me realize that not only is it a fear to the after results of being tested and whether a person is positive or negative. It is also the after result of what people think of you. To hear young people say they would be cautious of others who have aids makes me wonder if they think they can get it by just talking to the person, or if they really know it has to be through sex, blood, and needles. 

Certain things in this video such as facing fear while talking to fear as the narrator says seems significant. He was facing his fear of being tested and having to deal with needles but as by talking to the camera about his fear. many teenagers today feel that if they don't get tested they won't have to worry about the after result of HIV and AIDS. However, it is only the beginning of a long and bumpy road if you do not get tested.
This movie really hit home for me due to the fact that I have friends scared to get tested for STD'S AIDS and HIV. I worry die to the fact that I know people don't always use protection and are not careful. I find myself always saying be careful, get tested, etc. I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to things like this. 
This movie not only hits home with fears such as AIDS and HIV it hits home to every fear in the world that people face. Just as one boy said, "Fear is a shadow, it follows you everywhere."

0 comments: